Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data (the “data subject”). Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Dancecult Research Network is the data controller (contact details below).
This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Dancecult is an activity of the Dancecult Research Network, which is an unincorporated education and research organisation registered in Australia.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Dancecult Research Network complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Dancecult Research Network.
- To enable us to provide the Dancecult-l mailing list and the Dancecult Research Network resource list service.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can send you the Dancecult-l mailing list emails, provide the Dancecult Research Network resource list service and keep you informed about news, events, activities and services.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How do we protect personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information discussed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and until removal or erasure is requested.
8. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Dancecult Research Network holds about you;
- The right to request that Dancecult Research Network corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Dancecult Research Network to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
12. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.